Sunday 19 February 2017

Pre-Headcorn Half and a Microlite

Today I headed out for my long run with Nick and Yvette again, who I've not managed to run with for weeks, We ran the Headcorn Half Marathon route, ahead of the Headcorn Half Marathon next week!

It was a stunning day and a stunning route. We started off too cold at 9am but soon warmed up as the sun rose higher, The route was fairly rural and took us past an assortment of beautiful houses, past cyclists, dog-walkers and other runners. We also watched a microlite take off from a tiny private airstrip at the top of a lane somewhere (a good excuse to stop for a few minutes, that's for sure!!

I was more than ready to finish by the end, but that is the furthest I have ever run (13.1 miles, so half marathon distance now ticked off) and it felt good to have completed it after a month of up and down training runs feeling rough with colds and bugs. It felt hard - but now I am sat here on Sunday night and skimming back through my blog, so did the 10 and 12K runs we were doing previously, so I guess I am getting there.

Don't forget that I am doing this for Children with Cancer UK and you can sponsor me here:
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/EmmaAldrich


My running mate Nick is also keen to see the back end of cancer in young people and is raising money for his step-son Liam, and for The Teenage Cancer Trust. You can read about it here:
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Nickthestone

Hot, sweaty, tired at the end - shall we do it again next week.? Oh ok then...

I'm off out on my microlite

Taking off over our heads

The proof

1 comment: