Thursday 23 February 2017

Only two months to go...

23rd of February..... so now only two months to go until the London Marathon. That is quiet a scary thought, so I won't think about it too much. I need to run as much as I can as per my plan, I need to eat better, I need to raise more funds.

This week I hosted a charity Film Club, screening Girl on the Train.  I run the Film Club for work anyway, so it was no big deal to ask attendees to make a donation to my charity this time, which they seemed more than happy to do. I also extended invites to some local friends (the auditorium sits about 120 and given that I generally have 20 people tops, it seemed do-able!!!). We probably had about 25/30 attendees in the end (so I will invite even more along to the next one!!!) and raised £179 which I was really pleased with - a glass of wine, a few bags of popcorn and nibbles, and an evening spent watching a very good film. What's not to love! I will definitely be running some more; watch this space.....

Yep. Not me (sadly); even when you think you are having a rest day, you will see a character in the film you are watching go for a run. Just to remind you that you are not running. 

1 comment:

  1. I'd have come to your film night. Quite fancy seeing that film😳

    ReplyDelete