Sunday 12 March 2017

Running and Riding

I was out on the driveway washing the car in the sunshine yesterday when our good friends and neighbours walked past on their way back from a dog walk. We chatted for a bit, and when I said I was running today but just local loops as I was on my own, the lovely Sue basically said NOPE - I'll sort my bike out when I get home and cycle your route with you.

And that is exactly what she did. And I can't tell you how lovely that was! The first 8 mile loop was done before I had a chance to even think about what I was doing and how far I was going, just pottering along and nattering as we went. By 10/ 11 miles I was feeling tired, but Sue nailed the balance of distraction and encouragement. Hitting the home straight of the last mile was amazing (in fact my pace increased, the end in sight!!!) and we made it back to the start point, 16.19 miles DONE!!!!

Thank you for giving up a lie in and leisurely morning for me, Sue xxx

Ready for off!

Yes, ok, off to run/ride 16 miles. We are FIT. We still felt the need to suck our tummies in though :)

The proof. About right pace-wise for me too

2,093 calories - yep, inhaled my Sunday roast today

As always, here is the link; I'm edging up on the training miles and edging up on the fundraising too. Not far to go now. http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/EmmaAldrich

No comments:

Post a Comment